No matter where you’ve been, you can still get ahead.
Do you have questions like:
- Why do I need to get my High School diploma or GED?
- Do I need to go to college?
- What kind of job should I get?
- How do I even get a job?
- How do I make enough money so that I can to do what I want to do with my life?
Let us help you identify realistic options, real opportunities, and a plan forward. Contact us to apply for this free program.
How do we help?
The Youth Services program helps you to receive:
- Tutoring, study skills training, and instruction helping you to graduate high school or receive a GED or Adult High School Diploma
- Summer employment opportunities
- Paid and unpaid work experience
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development activities
- Supportive services (such as transportation or childcare assistance)
- Personal mentoring
- Follow-up services ( for 12 months after completion of program)
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
Who qualifies for this program?
- Youth ages 16-21
- Rising high school seniors or high school dropouts
- Youth from Low-income families.
- Youth living in Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell and Washington Counties
Youth must also have at least one of the following barriers:
- Be Basic Skills Deficient (having trouble in Math or Reading)
- Be a School Dropout
- Be Homeless, Runaway, or Foster Child
- Be Pregnant or Parenting
- Have been arrested.
- Require additional assistance to complete an educational program or get a job.
Here is what we want to see happen:
- For you to be able to complete school (high school or college)
- For you to be able to go out and get a GOOD job
- For you to be able to make a good life for yourself