At the NWDB we are committed to growing and retaining employment and job opportunities for Northeastern North Carolina. Our job is to:
- understand the needs of our workforce and the businesses that employ them;
- leverage our resources and partnerships to create and promote innovative workforce solutions; and
- manage and implement effective workforce programs and services for the region’s business owners and managers, workers, and future workers.
As a result, we help to:
- improve the skills, education, and productivity of our workforce
- support our local businesses so they can grow jobs for our region
- start our youth on the path to successful careers and future employment opportunities.
If you live, work, or operate a business in our 10-county region (Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties), view our programs and services on this site or call/email us for assistance.
Interested in becoming a NWDB Boardmember? CLICK HERE